Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Cute come to Visit

Natalie, Christopher, and I (and Bud-Bud) were mesmerized by this little critter that came to my bird feeder late last night. Bud-Bud brought my attention to it by becoming in 'stalk' mode looking out the window. We thought it was a mouse, until it 'flew' to the tree next to the feeder. It took us a while to figure out it was a Southern Flying Squirrel. A few years back, I recall walking around at night with a flashlight trying desperately to find out what the high pitch squeak was that I heard high in the trees. I recall the light catching these eyes, but not getting to see it very well. These are not my pictures.



4 comments:

MyBlueHeaven said...

Oh how neat!

Tara Sue said...

How neat! So cute too! We use to have one living in a bird house in my yard...He chewed the hole bigger so he could fit! They are so cute!

susan sews a lot said...

Yes, I remember Steve telling me about them back when I was trying to figure out what was making that sound!

Pease Porridge said...

Aww, I want one!

Jennifer